This taxi trip, however, was different from all the previous rides ive had before. When I entered the cab, I was overwelmed by a media/entertainment and advertising frenzy. They have started to install a 4" LCD tv monitor in the back of the passenger seat head rest with its own variable speaker system. How cool, The only place I have seen this is on MTV's Pimp My Ride. Shenzhen has just started to pimp their taxis. Let's analyze.
- Profits for the taxi company would go up with the added revenue for advertising. This is actually surprising that taxis in other chinese cities, and even in cities all over the world have not added these on.
- Taxi drivers will be annoyed as hell since they have to put up with the 3-looping commericals that dont stop.
- Passengers could get entertainment while waiting in the frequent Shenzhen traffic jams.
- Tourists could be given a lot of good information about what's going on in the city.
- People who have motion sickness (like me) will have a harder time preventing nausea.
Keep an eye out for them.