Friends say he has a long-term Chinese girlfriend in her 20s from Henan, a poor landlocked province that sends millions of migrants to the coastal cities.
He lives in Nanshan, a brash new district of high-rises and streets teeming after dark with young migrants eating spicy street food and cramming into bars, karaoke joints and massage parlors.
“He is big, strong and full of energy, speaks good Chinese and is a really easygoing guy,” said a Chinese friend, “He always wears a hat over his shaven head. I believe he has several consultancy jobs.”
Chinese officials said there are unanswered questions about his internet-based company, Worldnexus Ltd. It has provided corporate communications and website design to Chinese firms seeking customers in English-speaking markets, of which the United States is the biggest.
It seems like Ndesandjo is experiencing the typical American – or Westerner – in Shenzhen life.
- He lives in Nanshan, where most expats live – and where I’ve recently moved.
- He has a younger Chinese girlfriend. No surprise there.
- The girlfriend is from Henan – everyone it seems is from Henan.
- He speaks Chinese and is really easy going.
- He has his own company that does some international import/export – all westerners work in import/export and/or teaching English. EVERYONE!
- The company isn’t officially registered in Shenzhen – yea, not many foreign businesses are registered in Shenzhen. Most are registered in Hong Kong.